For Logos packages Starter and above, the main Toolbar is along the left side of the Logos window and provides access to virtually all Logos features.
If you prefer to have the Toolbar along the top of the Logos window, click the Toolbar menu icon on the bottom left, select Program Settings, and change the Application Toolbar Location to Top.
Clicking the Logos icon on the upper left opens the Command box which allows you to directly enter a command. This is especially helpful if you know what you want to do but don’t want to find it in the menus. Learn more about using the Command box.
Home, Library, Search, Bible, Factbook
These are the first five icons beneath the Logos icon.
The Home Page displays daily devotions, news, entries from your prayer lists, reading lists, and more. Learn more about the Home Page.
The Library lists all of the resources in your library. Learn more about using the Library.
Clicking Search opens the search panel which helps you find words and phrases in your resources. This panel shows several different kinds of searches (the kinds depend on your Logos package). It also features search templates to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Learn more about performing a Search.
- The Bible opens your preferred Bible. Learn more about setting your preferred Bible.
- The Factbook launches the Factbook where you can enter a person, place, thing, event, verse, or topic to gather detailed information with links to other areas in Logos where you can learn more. Learn more about using the Factbook.
Documents, Guides/Workflows, Tools
The next three icons are Documents , Guides/Workflows , and Tools . When opened, each of these menus can be resized by dragging it to the size you want from the bottom right corner of the menu.
The Documents menu houses all of your Logos documents and contains links to documents others have shared publicly or with a group you are a member of. You can browse or search the available documents, share them with your Faithlife groups, or create new documents from this menu.
Type the name of a document into the search box to filter the list down to documents that match.
Click the column headings to sort your documents by that heading.
Click the navigation menu icon to filter your displayed documents by type, or to filter public documents by type, author (person who shared the document), and date modified.
- If you have deleted a document and want to recover it, click to open the navigation menu. In the bottom left of the navigation pane, click Trash. This will direct you to your deleted documents at Faithlife.com.
- To share a document, click Share. If you are browsing public or group documents, this becomes an option to Add to your docs.
The Guides/Workflows menu features three sections: a search box at the top to quickly find and open a particular guide/workflow type, a section below that featuring the six core guides and some common workflows (you can customize this section by dragging your favorite guides and workflows here or by right-clicking any item and unchecking Pin to Top to remove it), and a final section with collapsible headings for all of the available guide and workflow types.
The Tools menu is visually similar to the Guides/Workflows menu and features similar sections: a search box at the top to quickly open a particular tool, a section below that featuring frequently accessed tools (you can customize this section in the same way as the Guides/Workflows menu), and a final section with collapsible headings for all the available tools grouped by function.
The Shortcut Bar is a place to drag your favorite resources and other commands for one-button access. See the article discussing the Shortcut Bar for more information.
Layouts, Close All, Synchronization, Logos Store, Profile Menu, and Toolbar Menu
Layouts rearrange existing workspace into an orderly arrangement or save a “snapshot” of windows and panels for later. See the article on Layouts for additional information.
Close All closes every open panel in Logos.
Logos allows you to access your documents and settings on more than one computer. For this feature to work, the computers must be signed in under the same Faithlife / Logos account.
- Synchronization is enabled by default if Use Internet is enabled in Program Settings.
- Click the sync arrows or type sync now in the Command box to manually prompt the program to synchronize.
- If synchronization fails, the Synchronize icon will display a warning notification. Potential causes include disconnection from the internet; recently awakened computer acquiring IP address; Faithlife performing maintenance on the sync server.
Click the Logos store icon to open a panel with resources you can purchase. To hide the store icon, open Program Settings and toggle Show Store Button to No.
Open the Profile Menu to access:
- A link to open Your Account in a web browser.
- A link to open Your Faithlife Profile in a web browser.
- A link to open Your Faithlife Groups in a web browser.
- The option to restart Logos as another user who has previously signed in. This section also features a Clear users button that signs out of every account except your current one.
- The New user option, which signs out of your current account and opens a window to login to a different account.
- The Sign out option, which restarts Logos and opens the sign-in window.
Open the Toolbar menu for access to help and training information. Access the following menu options from the Toolbar menu:
- Logos Bible Software Help — Opens this resource. Pressing F1 opens the Help resource to the article that matches the current panel.
- Browse all documentation — Opens a Library panel to a list of all documentation for licensed resources and datasets.
- Online support center — Click here to open a web browser to the Logos Help Center where users can access training articles and videos.
- Draw on screen — Click here to markup your screen.
- Program Scaling — Click here to easily change Program Scaling without opening Program Settings. Click the . . . button to open Program Settings.
- Application Theme — Choose between System, Light, and Dark themes. The former matches the operating system setting, whereas the latter two force the application into light or dark mode respectively.
- Program Settings — Opens the program settings menu.
- History — Opens the History tool. Pressing Ctrl+Y (Windows) or Cmd+Y (Mac) also opens the History tool.
- Favorites — Opens the Favorites tool.
- Download Logos — Click here to navigate to the installation page for Logos.
- Use Logos online — Click here to navigate to a browser-based version of Logos.
- About Logos Bible Software — Displays the About Logos window containing the software version, license information, and more. On macOS, this item is also in the Logos menu.