The Toolbar is at the top of the Logos window and provides access to virtually all Logos features.
Home, Library, Search
These appear at the top-left of the screen.
- The Home Page displays daily devotions, news, entries from your prayer lists, reading lists, and more.
- The Library lists all of the resources in your library.
- Clicking Search opens the search panel, which helps you find words and phrases in your resources. This panel shows six different kinds of searches (the kinds of searches available to you depends on your base package). It also features search templates to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
The Search button is housed inside the command box. The Go box allows you to type in a command directly. This is especially helpful if you know what you want to do, but don’t want to find it in the menus. See the article on the command box for more information.
Docs, Guides, Tools
To the right of the command box, you will find links to Docs, Guides, and Tools. When opened, each of these menus can be resized by dragging it to the size you want from the bottom right corner of the menu.
The Docs menu houses all of your Logos documents and contains links to documents others have shared publicly or with a group you are a member of. You can browse or search the available documents, share them with your Faithlife groups, or create new documents from this menu.
- Type the name of a document into the search box to filter the list down to documents that match.
- Clicking the column headings will sort your documents by that heading.
- Click the navigation menu icon to filter your displayed documents by type, or to filter public documents by type, poster (person who shared the document), and date modified.
- If you have deleted a document and want to recover it, click to open the navigation menu. In the bottom left of the navigation pane, click Trash. This will direct you to your deleted documents at Faithlife.com.
- To share a document, click . If you are browsing public or group documents, this becomes an option to download a particular document .
The Guides menu features three sections: a search box at the top to quickly find and open a particular guide type, a section below that featuring the six core guides and some common workflows (you can customize this section by dragging your favorite guides and workflows here, or right-clicking any item and unchecking Pin to Top to remove it), and a final section with collapsible headings for all of the available guide and workflow types.
The Tools menu is visually similar to the Guides menu and features similar sections: a search box at the top to quickly open a particular tool, a section below that featuring frequently accessed tools (you can customize this section in the same way as the Guides menu), and a final section with collapsible headings for all the available tools grouped by function.
The Shortcut Bar is a place to drag your favorite resources and other commands for one-button access. See the article discussing the Shortcut Bar for more information.
Synchronization, Layouts, Close All, and Help Panel Menu
Logos allows you to access your documents and settings on more than one computer. For this feature to work, the computers must be signed in under the same Faithlife / Logos account.
- Synchronization is enabled by default if Use Internet is enabled in Program Settings.
- Click the sync arrows or type sync now in the Command Box to manually prompt the program to synchronize.
- If synchronization fails, the Synchronize icon will display a warning notification. Potential causes include disconnection from the internet; recently awakened computer acquiring IP address; Faithlife performing maintenance on the sync server.
Layouts rearrange existing workspace into an orderly arrangement or save a “snapshot” of windows and panels for later. See the article on Layouts for additional information.
Close All closes every open panel in Logos.
Open the Help panel for access to help and training information. Access the following menu options from the Help panel.
- Logos Bible Software Help — opens this resource. Pressing F1 (Windows only) opens the Help resource to the article that matches the current panel.
- Program Settings — opens the program settings menu.
- Explain the screen (Windows only) — shows a voiceover animation that highlights areas of the screen and explains them. Press F9 for quick access.
- Logos Help Center — links to hours of free online tutorials and training videos.
- Forums — links to http://community.logos.com, an online forum with thousands of helpful fellow users.
- Wiki — links to http://wiki.logos.com, a user-curated help supplement.
- Report a problem — links to the Logos.com webpage for reporting problems. (See also the Report Typo feature.)
- About Logos Bible Software — shows the About dialog which lists your software version, license information, and more. Note: on Mac, this item is on the Logos menu.