The Toolbar is at the top of the Logos window and provides access to virtually all Logos features.
Home, Library, Search
These appear at the top-left of the screen.
The Home Page displays daily devotions, news, entries from your prayer lists, reading lists, and more.
The Library lists all of the resources in your library.
Clicking Search opens the search panel, which helps you find words and phrases in your resources. This panel shows six different kinds of searches (the kinds depend on your Logos package). It also features search templates to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
The Search button is housed inside the command box. The Go box allows you to directly enter a command. This is especially helpful if you know what you want to do, but don’t want to find it in the menus. See the article on the command box for more information.
Docs, Guides, Tools
To the right of the command box, you will find links to Docs, Guides, and Tools. When opened, each of these menus can be resized by dragging it to the size you want from the bottom right corner of the menu.
The Docs menu houses all of your Logos documents and contains links to documents others have shared publicly or with a group you are a member of. You can browse or search the available documents, share them with your Faithlife groups, or create new documents from this menu.
Type the name of a document into the search box to filter the list down to documents that match.
Click the column headings to sort your documents by that heading.
Click the navigation menu icon to filter your displayed documents by type, or to filter public documents by type, poster (person who shared the document), and date modified.
- If you have deleted a document and want to recover it, click to open the navigation menu. In the bottom left of the navigation pane, click Trash. This will direct you to your deleted documents at Faithlife.com.
- To share a document, click Share. If you are browsing public or group documents, this becomes an option to Add to your docs.
The Guides menu features three sections: a search box at the top to quickly find and open a particular guide type, a section below that featuring the six core guides and some common workflows (you can customize this section by dragging your favorite guides and workflows here, or right-clicking any item and unchecking Pin to Top to remove it), and a final section with collapsible headings for all of the available guide and workflow types.
The Tools menu is visually similar to the Guides menu and features similar sections: a search box at the top to quickly open a particular tool, a section below that featuring frequently accessed tools (you can customize this section in the same way as the Guides menu), and a final section with collapsible headings for all the available tools grouped by function.
The Shortcut Bar is a place to drag your favorite resources and other commands for one-button access. See the article discussing the Shortcut Bar for more information.
Synchronization, Layouts, Close All, Logos Store, and Help Panel Menu
Logos allows you to access your documents and settings on more than one computer. For this feature to work, the computers must be signed in under the same Faithlife / Logos account.
- Synchronization is enabled by default if Use Internet is enabled in Program Settings.
- Click the sync arrows or type sync now in the Command Box to manually prompt the program to synchronize.
- If synchronization fails, the Synchronize icon will display a warning notification. Potential causes include disconnection from the internet; recently awakened computer acquiring IP address; Faithlife performing maintenance on the sync server.
Layouts rearrange existing workspace into an orderly arrangement or save a “snapshot” of windows and panels for later. See the article on Layouts for additional information.
Close All closes every open panel in Logos.
Click the Logos store icon to open a panel with resources you can purchase. To hide the store icon, open Program Settings and toggle Show Store Button to No.
Open the Profile Menu to access:
- A link to open Your Account in a web browser.
- A link to open Your Faithlife Profile in a web browser.
- The option to restart Logos as another user who has previously signed in. This section also features a Clear users button that signs out of every account except your current one.
- The New user option, which signs out of your current account and opens a window to login to a different account.
- The Sign out option, which restarts Logos and opens the sign-in window.
Open the Help panel for access to help and training information. Access the following menu options from the Help panel:
- Logos Bible Software Help — opens this resource. Pressing F1 (Windows only) opens the Help resource to the article that matches the current panel.
- Browse all documentation — Opens a Library panel to a list of all documentation for licensed resources and datasets.
- Online support center — Click here to open a web browser to the Logos Help Center where users can access training articles and videos.
Program Scaling — Click here to easily change Program Scaling without opening Program Settings. Click the . . . button to open Program Settings.
Application Theme — Choose between System, Light, and Dark themes. The former matches the operating system setting, whereas the latter two force the application into light or dark mode respectively.
- Program Settings — opens the program settings menu.
History — Opens the History tool. Pressing Ctrl+Y (Windows) or Cmd+Y (Mac) also opens the History tool.
Favorites — Opens the Favorites tool.
Download Logos — Click here to navigate to the installation page for Logos.
Use Logos online — Click here to navigate to a browser-based version of Logos.
About Logos Bible Software — Displays the About Logos window containing the software version, license information, and more. On macOS, this item is also in the Logos menu.