The Factbook provides detailed information on all sorts of biblical and non-biblical information, and links to other areas in Logos where you can learn more. Whether you’re looking for information on a person, place, event, or concept, the Factbook gathers useful information and consolidates links for further exploration. It’s a great entry point for studying a particular topic.
- Open the Factbook by clicking Tools > Reference > Factbook, or by clicking Tools and typing factbook in the Find tools box.
- Enter the name of a person, place, thing, event, or topic into the search field.
The information returned by the Factbook depends on what topic you’re searching for. Except for the Info section, each of the sections listed below is expandable by clicking the arrow next to the title.
- Bookstore: Links to the Logos bookstore to purchase relevant titles.
- Community Tags: Places within resources where other users have tagged a section of text as referring to the entity.
- Cultural Concepts: A link to the concept’s article in the Lexham Cultural Ontology Glossary, a hierarchy of the concept’s type, and search results for the concept within your Library.
- Dictionaries: Links to relevant articles in dictionaries in your Library that have been topically-aligned.
- Domain: Lists other Topics related to the given topic and lists relevant word-senses related to that topic, linked to the Bible Sense Lexicon.
- Events: Links to Timeline events for the entity, including links to the Biblical Event Navigator if owned.
- Info: The first section of the Factbook provides some basic facts about the entity including important dates for people (these dates are hyperlinks to the Timeline), descriptions, and notable features.
- Letters: This section provides links to and excerpts from Personal Letter resources for the given author.
- Lemmas: List of the original language words by which the entity is mentioned in Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic as relevant.
- Library Results: A search on your Library resources for the entity.
- Media: Find links to relevant images, or Atlas links for places.
- Passages: A list of passages related to the event, theme, or topic. The first few will be listed in full, and others will have verse reference links. Also includes links to Save as a Passage List or to Open all passages in your preferred Bible.
- Preaching Resources: A list of hits for the theme or topic in the Preaching Theme-tagged resources in your Library.
- Quotes: Notable quotes from the person, including links to resources.
- Referred To As: Bible verses, grouped by how the entity is mentioned, with number of hits and a Sparkline graph of location in the Bible.
- See Also: Links to other tools or locations within Logos for further information on the entity.
- Senses: Lists all of the alternate meanings of Greek or Hebrew lemmas and where they occur. Links to the Bible Sense Lexicon.
- Works: A list of resources created by the author with links to the work in your Library or to the Logos store if you don’t already own it.
Bible Book Guides
Searching the Factbook for a book of the Bible returns several unique sections. These break down relevant details of the Book, with links to Commentaries, Dictionaries, and Guides.
- Background: Links to your resources providing historical context, information about the book’s recipients if relevant, and the location of its writing.
- Canon: Links to your resources discussing the canonical status and placement of the book.
- Content: Links to your resources providing overviews, outlines, and contents.
- Form: Links to your resources detailing the book’s composition, text, title, style, and structure.
- Journals: Links to relevant journal articles within your Library.
- Meaning: Links to your resources discussing the book’s themes, emphases, interpretation, theology, significance, and spiritual content.
- Origin: Links to your resources providing information on the book’s authorship, date of writing, and purpose.
Logos Help: Factbook