You can easily customize your Logos preferences. To do so, click Tools > Utilities > Program Settings or type program settings into the Command box. These settings affect the behavior of Logos as a whole, rather than individual resources or tools.
Most of the settings are on/off toggles that take instant effect. You do not need to save the changes, but a restart is required for some changes to take effect (e.g. changing Language). Some of the most frequently changed settings are described below.
- At Startup Open to allows you to set what happens when you open Logos, whether to the Home Page, a blank layout, or a layout of your choice. See the article on Layouts for more information about using Layouts.
- Language determines the language of the program’s menus, interface, and so on. You must restart Logos to implement any change. Note: This will change the system language, not languages within resources.
- Program Scaling changes the text size in menus.
- Content Scaling affects the size of text in all resources. To adjust the size of text within a specific resource, open that resource and click the Resource Panel icon and drag the text size slider to the desired setting.
- Resource Panel Background adjusts the shade and color of the background in resources only.
- If you are on a low-bandwidth or metered internet connection, adjust Automatically Download Updates to choose when updates are downloaded and if the program will update automatically. Note: If you turn off automatic downloads, you will need to manually download updates as new resources are added to your library. (To manually update Logos, type update now into the Command box and press Enter.)
- Adjust these settings to change fonts and layout settings within resources (except for text size—see Accessibility above).
- You can hide books you do not want to appear in your library. This will not delete resources. Contact Logos Customer Support if you want to return a purchased resource.
Logos Help: Program Settings