Use the Print/Export dialog to preview, print, copy, or save content from any resource or tool within Logos. To open the dialog from any panel, click the panel icon and choose Print/Export from the menu. You can also press Cmd+P (Mac) or Ctrl+P (Win). The dialog will open in a floating window.
Generally, the print and export functions are standard across Logos features, however, there can be variations, such as “Bibliography only,” depending on the panel.
Panel Menu and Toolbar
The Panel Menu in the Print/Export window offers a few options for how to display the print dialog. For more information, see the article on the Resource Panel Menu.
The Toolbar offers the following two options:
- Actual Size displays a preview of the document in its actual size. Drag the preview in any direction to see more of the text.
- Fit restores the preview to its original size.
Print Settings Sidebar
In the Print/Export dialog, the following options are available in the Print Settings Sidebar on the left:
- Margins – Choose from Normal, Narrow, Moderate, or Wide margins.
- Some features, such as Search panels, include a Print as shown on screen radio button. Where that is available, there will also be the alternate radio button: Print as exported. Where the number of displayed items is too large to fit on one page, Logos provides the option to print Visible results only.
- Some panels, such as Sentence Diagram documents, include a Fit to page checkbox.
The central pane provides a preview of what will be printed and includes options to:
- Scroll through multiple pages using the page number arrows at the bottom of the preview, or using the mouse wheel.
- Zoom in or out by pressing the Ctrl key while using the mouse wheel, or press Ctrl++ to zoom in and Ctrl+- to zoom out (Windows only).
The Print Sidebar is divided into three sections: Printer options, page options, and the Print button.
In this section, you can choose from the attached printers and designate particular printer properties if they are available.
In this section, you can choose your paper size and page orientation.
Click the Print button to send the job to the printer.
The Export Sidebar offers four categories of actions:
- Copy to clipboard allows you to paste the content into another document of your choice.
- Save as file allows you to save the selected pages as one of several file types:
- Rich Text Format (Word, etc.)
- Text Document (Documents saved in .txt format will lose most of their formatting, hyperlinks included).
- Web Page (HTML)
- XPS Document (Windows), or PDF Document (Mac))
- The four types above are present by default, but other file types will also be available depending on the content of the pages selected for export:
- Image (choose from PNG, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, or GIF)
- Spreadsheet (Excel, etc.)
- iCalendar (for Reading Plans)
- Citation file types (for “Bibliography only” in Clippings and Collections).
- Send to new document opens a Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote document and pastes the previewed content. Note: available links depend on Apple or Microsoft Office software installed and the panel being exported.
- Paste into open document pastes the previewed content into an open Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote document. Note: available links depend on Apple or Microsoft Office software installed and opened, and the panel being exported.
Other Print/Export Resources
To print/export selected text
- Select the text
- Open the Print/Export dialog
- The Use selected text radio button will be pre-selected
- Print your document as normal.
To print/export content from a specified location:
- Open the print dialog
- Select the middle radio button, if available
- Click the text box
- Choose from the available options, or enter a new one.
- Click Print.
To print/export a particular section of the resource:
1. Open the dialog
2. Select the Use these sections: radio button
3. Check the box(es) for the section(s) to be previewed
- Tip: To select all the subsections under a section heading, right-click that heading and choose Select all. To clear the selections, right-click the heading and choose Clear all.
4. Set Columns to Auto or Single
- Auto (multi-column) is the default setting.
- The last setting will be remembered and is shared across all resources.
5. Click Print.
To print Syntax Graphs
1. Select a graph or graphs
2. Open the Print/Export dialog.
3. Select the Use current graph radio button to preview the graph displayed in the resource.
4. The Fit to page checkbox condenses a graph that may be too wide to fit on one page, so that it does not extend to a second page.
5. Click Print.
Logos Help: Print/Export