You may receive one of the following errors when attempting to update or install Logos Bible Software:
- "Installation of Logos Bible Software did not succeed."
- "Installation of Logos Bible Software Prerequisites did not succeed."
- "Installation of Microsoft .NET Framework did not succeed." (View Special Instructions)
This error may occur if the Windows Installer is already in use by another installation, if a previous installation has been suspended, or if the service cannot be accessed.
Solution 1: Reboot
While this error is not very descriptive, the most common causes are Windows or Microsoft updates which have not yet completed. In most cases, these updates are waiting to apply changes during the boot process. Restarting the computer should allow this to complete.
After restarting, attempt the update or installation from the installation page again.
Solution 2: Advanced
Step 1: Run the installer manually
If restarting the computer did not resolve the issue, it will be necessary to collect more information about the specific cause of the error by running the individual installer separately.
It should only be necessary to perform this step for one of the installers. Please use the installer that matches your error message. Do not attempt if you did not receive the error message at the top of this article.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Users\user-name*\AppData\Local\Logos\Install\Installers
- Open the installer ("Logos.msi").
- Click "Next" until the specific error message is displayed.
Step 2: Apply the best solution
Installation "Suspended": If you receive an error stating that a previous installation is "suspended", you should be prompted to "roll back" or "undo changes". Click OK to proceed. The suspended installation will be removed and the Logos Installer should proceed unhindered.
It may be necessary to retry the previously suspended installation afterward by opening the application it came from.
"Another installation is in progress": This message indicates that the Windows Installer is still trying to install something else in the background. If you have any other programs or installations running, close them or wait for them to finish before installing Logos.
If no other installations appear to be running, follow the instructions below to manually terminate the process.
- Open Windows Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).
- Click More details if it is available in the bottom left.
- Click the Details tab.
- Locate "msiexec.exe".
- Select the process and click "End Task" or "End Process".
- Repeat for any additional instances of the process.
- Retry the Logos installation or update.
Windows 8 Users: You will not see "msiexec.exe". Windows 8 displays this process as "Windows Installer", but it also displays the Windows Installer Service under the same name. If you see an entry with the Services icon, ignore this item.
Step 3: Retry the installation
You should now be able to proceed with your Logos installation or update. You can download the installer to complete this process on the installation page.
If the above steps do not allow the version of .NET required to be installed then you will need to get help from a Windows technician.