I have encountered a reproducible problem or multiple crashes (Logos has closed unexpectedly) in Logos Bible Software and need to report it.
A Support Technician has requested that I submit log files.
Step 1: Enable Logging
- Close Logos if it is already open.
- Press and hold the Control key on your keyboard.
- With the Control key held down, open Logos and wait for the “Sign in” window to appear.
- Release the Control key and click "Sign in".
- Attempt to replicate the behavior.
Tip: Logos will automatically open to a “blank layout,” to prevent the home page or previous layout from loading and provide a more controlled environment. If you need to troubleshoot problems with a previous layout, open it from the "Layouts" menu.
Step 2: Collecting your Logs
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard + R.
- Type %localappdata%.
- Click OK.
- Open the Faithlife folder.
- Open the Logs folder.
- Right-click the Logos folder, and click Send to Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A folder named Logos.zip will appear.
Step 3: Submit your logs
Email Customer Support the following information along with the zipped log files:
- Steps to reproduce the behavior.
- A detailed description of the behavior you are experiencing.
- A detailed description of the behavior you expected to experience.
- Screenshots (where possible) demonstrating the behavior.
- The zipped log file.
Alternatively, call Customer Support with the information at 1(800)875-6467.
Step 4: Logging problems installing Logos
If you experience an error running the Logos Setup we will need a separate log file recording that process.
- Save the EnableLogging.js script found here, to your Desktop.
- If you get a page of "code" when clicking the link, click the back arrow and right-clicking and use the "Save-as" option.
Tip: These steps can also be used to enable “Full-Time” logging, meaning Logos will always record every session, each time overwriting the previous logs.
You can also submit your logs by email or by calling Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467.
Step 1: Download the Logos logging utility
- Download the Logos logging utility by clicking here.
- Open “LogosLogging.zip”.
- Copy the Logos Logging Utility to the Applications folder.
Step 2: Run the Logos logging utility
- Open Finder.
- Go to Applications.
- Open the Logos Logging Utility.
- Click the "Enabled" button.
Logos version should match the recognized installed version.
Note: The Logging Utility will not record correctly if Logos is running in the background when you enable logging. You may need to open the Finder: Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor and manually quit the Logos process (Logos Bible Software, LogosIndexer and LogosCEF if present).
Step 3: Recreate the behavior
- If Logos is already open, quit and restart it.
- Recreate the problem, crash or bug.
- Click "Archive Logs" in the Logos Logging Utility.
- If Logos is freezing or "pinwheeling", use the "Sample" button instead.
- Save your logs to the Desktop.
Step 4: Report the behavior
- Steps to reproduce the problem.
- What behavior you are experiencing when taking those steps exactly.
- What you expect to happen.
- Screenshots demonstrating the behavior.
- The Log file.
Alternatively, call Customer Support with the information at 1-800-875-6467.