This article walks through the process of installing Logos Bible Software for Windows.
Note: Click here for help with Mac installation.
Step 1 - Download LogosSetup
To download the Logos installation file:
- Open a browser and ensure you are logged in to logos.com with your Logos account.
- Go to the installation page and click the download link on that page to download the LogosSetup.exe file.
Step 2 - Install Logos
- Open the LogosSetup.exe file downloaded in Step 1 to begin the installation (If your browser only gives you a Save option, click Save and then double-click the file from your downloads menu or downloads folder to run the installer.)
- Choose the installation language from the popup menu:
The Logos setup program will now download the required initial setup files.
- When the Logos Bible Software Setup screen appears, click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Choose a setup type (we recommend Typical).
- Click Install.
This will install Logos Bible Software on your computer, it may take a few minutes.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Note: You may be asked to reboot your computer during the installation process.
Step 3 - Sign in to your Account
- Open Logos.
If Logos does not automatically open, double-click the Logos Bible Software icon to open it.
- Sign into Logos.
Use the same Logos account email and password you used when setting up your Logos account or purchasing a Logos base package.
Note: Signing in for the first time may take a while. Please do not interrupt the process.
Step 4 - Download and Index
After you login, Logos will ask you to download your Library. There are a number of different download options available from the dropdown. We recommend choosing Everything for the optimal experience. Then click Start Download.
Logos will install and download your library. The download process may take a while. Please do not interrupt the process.
Note: Once the download process is finished, it will index what has been downloaded. The whole process may take a number of hours depending on the Library, and computer specifications.
Once the download has completed, the program will open and you will be able to start using Logos.
Note: Even though you can start using the software at this point, it might still be indexing which may impact perforance.