Sermon Manager is a full-featured sermon planning and archiving tool. Plan future sermons and series and view them in a list or visual calendar. Click any sermon to open it in Sermon Builder and prepare your sermon on desktop or iPad. Then view your full sermon archive in the manager to see any previous sermons you’ve given
Note: Sermon Manager on mobile is only available on iPad.
To open Sermon Manager on iPad, tap the drawer panel and tap Sermon Manager under the Tools section.
Skip ahead to:
You can view past and present sermons in a Week Grid or a Radial Calendar. You can switch between the views with the toggle at the top of the page.
By default, the manager displays all your sermons on a grid. To show or hide columns, tap the columns button and check or uncheck the available columns.
The Radial Calendar displays a circular calendar of the selected time period. December 31 and January 1 appear at the top of the circle while June 30 and July 1 appear at the bottom. The current date appears as an orange circle on the outer rim of the calendar. Tapping on an area of the circle displays a red line cutting across the rim indicating where the cursor is on the calendar.
To limit which sermons display, add from the left, select a timeframe from the date dropdown (either calendar or liturgical), or search for a specific sermon or series. To overlay a Faithlife group calendar, select it from the dropdown on the right.
Any sermons you’ve created with Sermon Builder show in Sermon Manager by default. To add a new sermon, adjust the parameters in the top bar and tap Add. By default, Sermon Manager adds one blank sermon.
To add multiple sermons at the same time:
- Choose the number of sermons to add.
Tap the current number and choose as many as 100 new sermons to create
- Choose a template or lectionary (optional).
Create blank sermons or choose a sermon template or a lectionary and season. You will be able to select any lectionaries currently in your Logos library. Learn how to create a sermon template below.
- Add a date.
If you choose a day of the week your new sermons will be added on that day for the following weeks (e.g. Weekly on Sunday).
- Click Add.
All added sermons are selected. To bulk edit, make changes in the sermon info panel on the right and they will apply to all selected sermons.
Create a Template
To create a sermon template, start a new sermon document using the instructions above.
Provide a name on the left and choose Template in the sermon info pane. Add sermon info that applies to all sermons that will use your template.
When adding sermons in Sermon Manager choose your created template in the sermon template dropdown.
Edit Sermon Details
Select any sermon or group of sermons to make changes in the info pane. This is helpful for editing multiple sermons in a series that may share the same basic details.
The Sermon Info pane holds important details about your sermon. The more metadata you add, the easier it will be for you to find at a later date. If you use Faithlife to publish your sermons, this metadata will help others discover your sermon and know what it’s about.
Note: If you don’t see the Sermon Info panel, click the info icon to the right of the Add button to toggle it on.
If you publish your sermon to Faithlife Sermons, the sermon info you provide is indexed and searchable. Many of the input fields are preloaded with consistent naming conventions, like the topics and reference fields. This helps you stay consistent and avoid duplicate tags.
- Series: Provide a series title to add the sermon to a series. Matching existing series show below as you type.
- Topics: Begin typing to show predefined biblical topics and themes. Select one from the list to add it to your sermon details. You can add multiple topics.
- Passages: Add a biblical passage by typing and choosing the passage from the list below. YOu can add multiple passages.
- Description: Provide a couple of sentences describing the sermon’s content.
- Private Note: Unlike the other sermon metadata, your private notes will not publish to Faithlife Sermons, but are visible to you when viewing the sermon in Logos.
- Speaker: By default, your name shows for any sermons you create. To change the speaker, provide a new name in the input field.
- Occasion: Add a date, venue (like a specific church or conference), and time (e.g., 10:00am Service).
- Audience: Provide audience segments like General Adult, Kids, Youth Group, Conference, or Other.
- Liturgy: Where applicable, add a liturgical day, season, and year.
To edit a particular sermon, click the title in Sermon Manager or select the sermon row and choose Open at the bottom of the Sermon Info pane to view and edit the sermon document.
Note: Learn more about Sermon Builder.
Select a sermon (or multiple sermons) and choose Delete in the sermon info pane or by long tapping (right-clicking if you have a keyboard) on a sermon and tapping delete.
Note: Tapping the sermon title will open the sermon in a new panel rather than selecting it in Sermon Manager. Instead, click another on the line other than in the sermon title column.