You can use an All search to find a word or phrase in your Logos library as well as in a range of Logos tools and services.
Skip ahead to:
Running an All Search
To begin an All Search.
- Click the Search button in the toolbar (in Logos 9 this was to the left of the command box).
- Ensure that the All search type is selected. (Other search types available depend on your base package.)
- Logos provides several tools to help you formulate an effective query:
Search Helps (in the main search pane) provide basic guidance about how to construct your search.
Search Templates allow you to build a more complex search without having to use search syntax. Instead, select the kind of search you want to make, then enter your search terms in the dialog box that appears. Search Templates appear in the left navigation menu, which can be toggled on/off using the navigation menu icon .
Search Suggestions: As you type, Logos will populate a list of suggestions to help you refine your search. For best results, select one of these. Otherwise, finish typing your search query and press Enter.
Perform this search in Logos
Results are returned in one scrollable list containing two types of information:
- Resources from your library that contain the search terms ordered so that those deemed most relevant are at the top
- A range of cards that provide links to other Logos tools and features containing information relating to the search term. The cards that appear will vary depending on the search term but those that do appear will always be in the same order.
Click a highlighted word in a resource to open the resource to that point
Within a card, you can click an entry to open the associated item
Or you can click More at the bottom of the card to show all matching articles
Some of the cards that appear in this list are shown below.
This section provides links to any Factbook articles that are relevant to the search term. Click one to open it.
Your Preferred Bible
This section shows where the search term appears in your preferred Bible. Click More to run a Bible Search on the term in your preferred Bible.
This section shows where the search term appears in your documents. Click More to run an Other Search on the term in all of your Documents and Personal Books
This section shows where the search term appears in the metadata (title, description, etc) of your resources. Click More to filter your Library by the term.
Using Search Operators
You can use search operators to create more advanced searches. For example, if you'd like to find a phrase containing two words, but you don't know the exact phrase, try typing word WITHIN 5 WORDS word. Your search results will display every occurrence where the two words you entered are mentioned within five words of each other.
For more details on using Search Operators, please see this article.
Questions and Answers
Note: Available in packages Starter and above.
The Questions and Answers dataset suggests answers to popular questions related to your search results. In the results from All Searches, a Question Card is displayed with excerpts from resources addressing that question.
Select an excerpt to open it. Click More to see more information in a new tab.
- Logos Help: All Search
- Logos Search Faithlife group