Sermon Manager is a full-featured sermon planning and archiving tool. Plan future sermons and series and view them in a list or visual calendar. Click any sermon to open it in the Sermon Builder and prepare your sermon to preach. And then view your full sermon archive in the manager to see any previous sermons you’ve given.
To open Sermon Manager, open the Tools menu and click on Sermon Manager.
Pro Tip: To make it easier to find in the future, right click Sermon Manager and choose Pin to the top to pin it at the top of the tools menu.
Skip ahead to:
By default, the manager displays all your sermons in a grid. To show or hide columns, click the columns button and check or uncheck the available columns. To limit which sermons display, add filters from the left (click if the filters are not visible), select a timeframe from the date dropdown, or search for a specific sermon or series.
To limit which sermons display, add filters from the left (click if the filters are not visible), select a timeframe from the date dropdown (either calendar or liturgical), or search for a specific sermon or series. To overlay a Faithlife group calendar, select it from the dropdown on the right.
Any sermons you’ve created show in Sermon Manager by default. To add a new sermon, adjust the parameters in the top bar and click Add. By default Sermon Manager adds one blank sermon.
To add multiple sermons at the same time:
1. Choose the amount of sermons to add.
Click the current number and choose as many as 100 new sermons to create.
2. Choose a template or lectionary (optional).
Create blank sermons or choose a sermon template or a lectionary and season. Learn how to create a sermon template below.
3. Add a date.
If you choose a day of the week your new sermons will be added on that day for the following weeks (e.g. Weekly on Sunday).
4. Click Add.
All added sermons are selected. To bulk edit, make changes in the sermon info panel on the right and they will apply to all selected sermons.
Create a Template
To create a sermon template, start a new sermon document (Docs > New > Sermon). Provide a name on the left and choose Template in the sermon info pane. Add sermon info that applies to all sermons that will use your template.
When adding sermons in the Sermon Manager choose your created template in the sermon template dropdown as shown above.
Edit Sermon Details
Select any sermon or group of sermons to make changes in the info pane.
The Sermon Info pane holds important details about your sermon. The more metadata you add, the easier it will be for you to find at a later date. If you use Faithlife to publish your sermons, this metadata will help others discover your sermon and know what it’s about.
Note: If you don’t see the Sermon Info panel, click the info icon to the right of the Add button to toggle it on.
If you publish your sermon to Faithlife Sermons, the sermon info you provide is indexed and searchable. Many of the input fields are preloaded with consistent naming conventions, like the topics and reference fields. This helps you stay consistent and avoid duplicate tags.
- Series: Provide a series title to add the sermon to a series. Matching existing series show below as you type.
- Topics: Begin typing to show predefined biblical topics and themes. Select one from the list to add it to your sermon details. You can add multiple topics.
- Passages: Add a biblical passage by typing and choosing the passage from the list below. You can add multiple passages.
- Description: Provide a couple of sentences describing the sermon’s content.
- Private Notes: Unlike the other sermon metadata, your private notes will not publish to Faithlife Sermons, but are visible to you when viewing the sermon in Logos.
- Speaker: By default, your name shows for any sermons you create. To change the speaker, provide a new name in the input field.
- Occasion: Add a date, venue (like a specific church or conference), and time (e.g., 10:00am Service).
- Audience: Provide audience segments like General Adult, Kids, Youth Group, Conference, or Other.
- Liturgy: Where applicable, add a liturgical day, season, and year.
To edit a particular sermon, click the title in Sermon Manager or select the sermon row and choose Open at the bottom of the Sermon Info pane to view and edit the sermon document.
Note: Learn more about Sermon Builder.
Share a Sermon
You can share any sermon document with a Faithlife group via the panel menu or the Docs menu.
Share via the Panel menu
While viewing any sermon, click the panel menu icon and select Manage Document Sharing.
A new browser tab opens with your document. Open the Actions menu, choose Collaborate, and select your desired group for sharing.
Share via the Docs menu
You can also share any sermon document from the Docs menu.
- Select the row (not the linked name) of your desired sermon document.
- Click Share.
- Select the Group tab.
- Locate your desired group and click Done.
Note: Learn more about sharing documents in Logos.
Select a sermon (or multiple sermons) and choose Delete in the sermon info pane.