To open the View Settings, tap the panel menu icon while viewing any resource and choose View Settings.
Note: View settings sync to all your other devices with Logos.
Global View Settings
The top section of the panel adjusts view settings for the general look of the app. These master settings affect how every resource looks.
- Font Size: Drag the slider to change the font size for resources.
- Line Height: Drag the slider to change the line height for resources.
- Brightness: Drag the slider to control the display brightness for the app.
- Appearance Settings: Choose between system, white, sepia, or black (dark) mode.
- Fonts: Set your desired font type for English, Greek, and Hebrew characters.
- Red Letter Text: Show the words of Christ in red in your Bibles.
- Scrolling View: Choose between scrolling view (swipe to keep reading) or page view (flip “pages” in your resources). If you deselect scrolling view, you can choose whether or not to include footnotes in page view and how many columns to display by default.
- Swipe to Highlight: By default, swiping in any resource applies your most recent highlighting style. To remove this feature, toggle this setting off. You can still highlight any selection from the selection menu.
- Smart Text Selection: Ask Logos to intelligently expand the text to nearly boundaries (e.g., an entire verse).
- Automatic Word Lookup: By default, when you select a short phrase (e.g., three or four words), the lookup menu shows providing insight into specific words you’ve selected. Toggle this setting off to disable the menu. If disabled, you can still access the look up menu from the selection menu.
- Keep Display On: Toggle on to prevent your device’s screen from turning off while Logos is open.
Note: Font size adjustments apply to resources, guides, clippings, and many other tools, but are not comprehensive. For instance, font size adjustments do not affect the font size of the library menu, notes, and prayer lists.
Resource-Specific View Settings
The bottom section of the panel adjusts view settings for your opened resource.
- Bible Text Only: By default, Logos shows the publisher’s section titles and formatting. You can, however, show Bible text only. When toggled on, you can choose to show or hide a variety of options—like chapter/verse numbers, footnotes, and more.
- Reading Plans: If you have an active reading plan on your current resource, you can choose to show your reading plan markers inline in the resource.
- Show Community Notes: Show or hide notes from others with whom you share a common Faithlife group.
- Show Notes/Highlights: Show or hide all your personal notes or highlights by toggling this option on or off.
Note: On iOS you can also configure which lines are visible in interlinear resources.