Now that you’ve acquired new Logos resources for your church group, you’ll need to assign them to the members of your group. In this article, we’ll walk you through that process step by step.
Are you a license recipient? Skip ahead to instructions on how to get started with your new resource(s).
If you purchased resources, but don’t have permission to assign them, ask your group’s administrator for assistance. To find your group’s admin(s), click Group Members in the navigation sidebar, click All within the Show dropdown to expand it, then select Administrators to filter the group to display only group admins.
If you’re still having trouble, give us a call at (800) 875-6467. We’re happy to help.
To assign Logos resources to members of your Faithlife group, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Faithlife.com and sign in to your account.
- Find your church group.
- If you haven’t done so already, invite the resource recipient(s) to join your group.
- If sending new invites, wait for invitees to join the group.
- Expand Settings in the Admin panel.
- Select Licenses.
- Click Assign for the relevant resource(s).
Notice that some resources are automatically distributed to everyone in your group, while others must be manually assigned by an Admin.
- Add names and click Assign.
- Let people know about their new resource!
Now that you’ve given your group members access to a resource, it’s time to let them know! We’re hard at work developing a way to notify your recipients automatically. Meanwhile, if you’ve purchased a resource for someone, here’s a message you can copy and paste into an email or send as a group message in Faithlife:
“Hi [Name], I’ve given you access to [Resource Name]. You can start using it today by heading over to the Logos web app. As soon as you’re logged in, click the library icon, search for the resource, and open it. That’s it!
You can also access the resource on the Logos mobile app (search for the Logos app in the iOS or Android store if you don’t have it already). There’s even a downloadable Logos desktop app you can use if you prefer.
When you access Logos on any of these platforms, you’ll log in with the same account you use on Faithlife.com. Let me know if you have questions!
Hope you enjoy!”
Are you a resource recipient?
Start using Logos
Logos is available for your iOS or Android device, online at app.logos.com, and as a free downloadable desktop application with Logos Basic. For the most robust experience, download the Logos desktop application. Every Logos user has access to each platform, and your account information is automatically synced across platforms and devices.
When you access Logos, log in with the same account you use for your church group on Faithlife.com.
Learn to use Logos
Visit the Logos Help Center to find resources to help you learn how to use Logos.
Dig deeper in Logos
If you want to dig deeper into Logos Bible Software, here are a few good places to begin:
- Guides are a quick way to leverage the power of your Logos library. Guides search all of your Logos resources to build a report on a word, passage, or topic. You can access these through the Guides menu in the Logos toolbar. Learn more.
- Logos includes a number of task-based layouts that provide a quick way to access its powerful features. Click the Layouts icon in the Logos toolbar, then select one of the layouts in the left panel of the Layouts menu. Learn more.
- Workflows guide you step by step through studying a biblical passage, preparing a sermon, devotional reading, and more. You can access Workflows through the Guides menu in the Logos toolbar. Learn more.