With the Logos Mobile app, you have full control of your Library. You can download resources to your device, search your Library for specific works, filter the list of resources by a variety of categories, and much more. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to use the Library on your mobile device.
To access your Library, just tap the icon at the bottom of your screen. When you find a resource you want to read, tap its title to open it.
Skip ahead to:
Searching the Library
At the top of your Library, you’ll find a search bar. Tap anywhere within the bar and begin typing your search terms. You can type a portion of the title, the author’s last name, or a search query to filter by multiple fields at once.
In the example below, we want to find our resources on the book of Acts that were written by N.T. Wright. To do this, we’ve entered the author: tag followed by the title: tag. This searches your Library for all of the resources with an author whose name contains Wright and that have a title containing the word Acts.
Click here to open the Logos Help file and see the full list of terms you can use when searching your Library.
You can also filter the displayed resources in your Library by tapping the Filter icon .
This allows you to filter your displayed resources by the following categories:
- Download status (Downloaded to your device or not)
- Audio (audiobooks or resources with audio)
- Subject (Bible, Sermons, etc.)
- Type (Monograph, Bible Commentary, etc.)
Downloading and Removing Resources
From the mobile Library, you can choose which resources to store on your device. You can download and remove individual titles or batches of titles.
You’ll notice that the resources in your Library that have not been downloaded to your device feature the download icon next to the resource’s panel menu icon . Tap the download icon to store the title on your device.
The next section will discuss the resource options available in the panel menu, but when you tap the icon, you’ll notice that the top option changes depending on whether you’ve downloaded that resource or not. If you haven’t, the menu displays the option to Download that resource. But if you have downloaded the resource, the option changes to Remove download. You can also find the option to Download or Remove an individual resource by tapping About this book from the Panel menu.
But you don’t have to go through your Library resource by resource to add or remove items. You can also download or remove resources in batches. This option, paired with the filters mentioned above, provides a quick and easy way to manage which resources you’ve downloaded.
- Filter your Library according to your needs by tapping the Filter icon .
- Tap Select in the top left corner.
- If you want to work with every item displayed in your filter, tap Select All (which replaces Select). Or, if you only want to work with a few items, tap the relevant titles.
- Logos will display the number of resources you’ve selected at the bottom of the screen.
- Next to this number, you’ll find another panel menu icon . Tap it.
- Finally, tap either Download… (currently limited to 100 resources at one time) or Remove downloads…
Note: When removing downloads, Logos prompts you to confirm your decision by tapping Remove from a final dialog box.
Tapping the panel menu icon for any resource in the Library may display the following options:
- Download or Remove download: The option displayed depends on whether you have downloaded the resource or not.
- Search this book: Opens new search (you can select either Basic or Bible as your search type) within your selected resource.
- About this book: Displays additional information about the resource including your personal rating, its download status, and a summary.
- Reset reading progress: Treats the resource as if you haven’t started reading it yet (This option only appears for resources you have previously opened).
Note: The Logos mobile app doesn’t yet allow prioritizing or tagging resources. That functionality is currently limited to the desktop and web apps.
Sorting Your Library
You can sort your Library using the link next to Sort: below the search bar. Your options include:
- Recent: Sorts your Library with the most recently opened resources listed first.
- Rating: Sorts your Library based on your ratings (Note: this does not take community ratings into account).
- Title: Sorts your Library in ascending alphabetical order (A-Z).
Closing Your Library
Tapping any resource's title exits the Library and opens that resource. You can also close the Library and return to where you were previously by tapping Done on the upper right.