The Canvas tool allows you to visually interact with selected text by capturing, organizing, and sharing your thoughts on any passage of any resource in your library.
Insert a verse, passage, or pericope, then use the use the markup tools to highlight, arrange, investigate, and add notes. Break down a passage to show the relationship between clauses, and draw lines and other shapes to indicate the level of connection. Bible text inserted into a canvas retains its connection to all of Logos’ sophisticated data tagging.
The Canvas tool is divided into four sections: the toolbar, the navigation menu, the canvas properties menu, and the main panel.
Use the icons on the Canvas toolbar to change the way the canvas is displayed. The following options are available:
- Hide or reveal the left sidebar by clicking the navigation menu icon.
- Zoom controls appear next to the navigation menu icon. You can select a zoom percentage in the box or click the zoom in and zoom out buttons.
- Next to the zoom controls are the undo and redo buttons.
- Click Insert Passage to open a popup allowing you to search for a particular passage of scripture in any available translation and insert it into the canvas for markup.
- Click the Canvas Properties iconto open the canvas properties menu. For more about the options available in this menu, see below.
- The final icon on the toolbar opens the canvas panel menu . The canvas panel menu features several of the standard links, but also includes the option to Manage document sharing.
The navigation menu is where the markup tools are housed. This menu features a search box to find particular shapes and expandable menus for:
- Favorites— Drag passages or pericopes to this section to store them for use later.
- Info Cards — Click any word in the text of the canvas to display a wealth of original language information about the selected text.
- Basic — Commonly used shapes, lines, and arrows.
- Shapes — All available shapes.
- Lines and Arrows — Lines and arrows both straight and curved, stylized and simple.
- Text — A variety of text effects.
- Images — Lines, arrows, and shapes styled as hand-drawn doodles.
Canvas Properties Menu
The canvas properties menu is where the canvas's display options are housed. This menu features:
- A field to edit the document title.
- Artboard Settings to modify the grid display, page borders, and background color.
- Options toggle on or off Connection Arrows, Connection Points, and Guides.
- Paper Size and orientation options.
This is the canvas you have been customizing through the toolbar and menus. It displays the passage and all the applied markups. The canvas updates as changes are made through the canvas properties menu. Objects from the navigation menu can be dragged to any position on the canvas.