With Logos, you have a wealth of information right at your fingertips. This article offers some tips on how to navigate within your resources in order to find what you’re looking for.
Skip ahead to:
The Resource Toolbar
The resource toolbar displays at the top of any open resource panel and offers quick access to commonly used Logos features.
- The Left Sidebar Icon opens the sidebar with tabs for the resource’s table of contents, your notes and highlights, and favorites.
- The Location Box displays your current location within the open resource.
- The Inline Search Icon enables you to perform a Book, Bible, or Morph search within the resource(s) you have open in the active panel. This article describes the different searches available for different resources and Bibles.
- The Visual Filters Icon allows you to choose which visual filters are displayed in the current resource. Learn more here.
- The Factbook Tags Icon gives you the option to display helpful information for millions of theological terms, people, and Greek and Hebrew lemmas. Hover over a Factbook tag while reading your Bible, commentary, or book in Logos to get a brief definition or details about a term without leaving your resource. Learn more here.
- The Interlinears Icon toggles the inline interlinear and/or the interlinear ribbon on and off. Click the dropdown arrow beside the interlinear icon to select what interlinear information is displayed. Learn more here.
- The Multiple Resources Display Icon allows you to open two or more resources in parallel within the same panel. Learn more here.
- The Parallel Resource Sets Icon allows you to choose which sets of parallel resources will be accessible when using the left and right arrow buttons or keys. Learn more here.
- The Navigation Arrows move backward and forward through the panel’s history.
- The Panel History Icon displays the resources and pages that have been opened within the current panel.
- The Right Sidebar Icon expands the Translate menu, it Instantly translates words or phrases from English resources into more than a hundred different languages. Learn more about this feature here.
- The Panel Menu Icon opens the resource panel menu, which contains many options for working with the current resource. Learn more about all of these options here.
The Locator Bar
The Locator bar is available in each of your resources and can be found near the top of each panel. It shows your current location in the resource and allows quick navigation.
If the locator bar is not visible, select it from the Resource Panel Menu.
The locator bar contains two sections:
- The contents location section shows your current location relative to the table of contents. Each of the items in the location is a link you can use to navigate backward within the resource quickly.
The navigation choice section shows how the navigation arrows will move the displayed text (you can also press Alt + up/down (Windows) or Shift + Cmd + up/down (Mac) to navigate using your keyboard).
Opening the navigation selection allows you to choose between Article, Book, Chapter, Verse, and Annotation.
- Article navigates by pericope in a Bible, heading in commentary, or next entry in a dictionary.
Note: The following three options (Book, Chapter, and Verse) only work with books that use Bible indexing.
- Book moves between books in the Bible.
- Chapter navigates from one chapter to another.
- Verse moves from one verse to another.
- Annotation moves to the next/previous Note or Highlight in the book, it only works when you have selected items under Notes and Highlights in the Visual filters menu, it is not as effective if you have filtered your Notes and Highlights from the Sidebar.
The Close button closes the Locator bar.
The navigation sidebar allows you to navigate using the table of contents for the resource, as well as filter the resource by notes you've taken. Click the navigation menu icon to open the navigation sidebar.
The navigation sidebar has three icons:
- Click the Table of contents icon to display the table of contents for the resource. Click the title of a book, chapter, or section to display it in the main resource panel.
- Click the Notes icon in the navigation menu to display a faceted list of note filters. Select one or more filters from the menu, and the resource panel will display only the text associated with the notes that meet the filter criteria you've selected.
- Click the Favorites icon to add a favorite directly from the resource itself, you just need to click Add and select your resource from the dropdown menu.