The Bibliography tool in Logos makes it easy to cite your research in sermons, papers, and publications. Create a Bibliography document to edit, annotate, and export citations to support your research.
Creating a Bibliography
- To begin, click Docs > New > Bibliography. (Click here to create a new bibliography in Logos)
- Click in the Title field to name your bibliography
- Set the bibliographic style by clicking on the style name at the top right of the bibliography screen.
- You can add an entry by dragging text from a resource into the Bibliography panel, or by clicking Add. A drop-down menu will appear. Select the source for your citation. Logos adds the resource into your bibliography document.
- Selected text adds a citation for text that is currently selected in an open resource.
- All open resources adds citations for all of the resources currently open in Logos.
- Another bibliography opens a list of saved bibliographies from which to add to the current bibliography.
- A clippings document brings up a list of saved clippings documents from which to add citations to the current bibliography.
- A collection brings up a list of saved collections from which to add citations to the current bibliography.
- Clipboard adds citation for the text copied to the clipboard.
- History brings up a list of recently viewed resources from which to add citations to the current bibliography.
Note: use the drag-and-drop method to cite an article within a resource, such as an encyclopedia entry.
Formatting your Bibliography
To sort your bibliography entries, click Sort. You can add notes to a citation by clicking the entry, then typing in the text box that appears below it. You can format these notes using the toolbar above the bibliography.
Exporting your Bibliography
You can save all of the resources in your bibliography as a Collection. Click on the bibliography panel icon to open the bibliography panel menu and select Save as Collection. (You can also generate a bibliography from a Collection by opening your collection, clicking the Collections panel menu, and selecting Save As Bibliography.)
To print your bibliography, or to export it to a range of file formats, click the Bibliography panel icon and select Print/Export. A new window will appear providing you with export options. To hide your notes, select the checkbox beside Bibliography only. To print, click the printer icon on the right.
You can copy your bibliography to the clipboard, or save your bibliography in several different file types. To do so, use the Export options on the right side of the bibliography window.
Logos Help: Bibliography
Logos Wiki: Bibliography