Collections are individually created, customizable groups of resources, which can be searched specifically in several places within Logos.
Create a new collection
- Click Tools > Library > Collections.
- A dialog to create a new Unnamed Collection will open. If an existing collection is open, click New.
- Replace “Unnamed Collection” with a unique name.
Note: If the name matches another collection title, a “(2)” will be added to the end of the title.
- Select the Show in parallel resources check box to make the collection available in Parallel resource sets.
- Use the Rule field to add specific items in your Library to the Collection as follows:
- Search for specific resources:
- Search for specific topics:
- Tag resources in your Library and use mytag:[tagname] to narrow the list of books by that tag.
- Full query syntax is supported. Use operators such as: AND, OR, and ANDNOT to refine your rules.
As the rule is typed, results will appear under = Resulting Collection. If the resulting collection is acceptable, the process is complete. If there are missing or unwanted resources, proceed to steps 6 and 7.
When new books are added to the Library, those that match the Rules of a particular collection will be automatically added to it.
- To remove an unwanted resource from the collection, drag it to the - Minus these resources section.
- To add a resource that is not captured by the rule you’ve defined, open your Library and drag the desired resource to the + Plus these resources section.
Modify a collection
From the Collections dialog, click Open and choose a collection to modify.
- Add or remove items from the Rule field;
- More resources can be dragged from Library to the + Plus these resources section; or
- A resource in the - Minus these resources section can be removed, which will place it back in the = Resulting Collection.
Entire collections can also be dragged into the + Plus (or - Minus) these resources section:
- Click Open to view your collections.
- Drag the desired Collection from the drop-down menu to the appropriate section.
All resources from that collection will then be added to or removed from the = Resulting Collection section.
Print or export
- Click the Collections panel menu icon .
- Click Print/Export, or press Cmd+P (Mac) Ctrl+P (Windows).
- Click Print, Copy to clipboard, one of the Save as file: options (such as Rich Text Format (Word, etc.), Text Document, Web Page (HTML), XPS Document (Windows), or PDF Document (Mac)), one of the Send to new document: options, or one of the Paste into open document options.
- Choose a location on your hard drive to store the file and click Save.
Export Bibliography from Collection
From the Print/Export dialog:
- Select the Bibliography only check box.
- Choose a Citation style from the list, or proceed with the default style.
Note: You can choose your default citation style by clicking Tools > Utilities > Program Settings, and then scrolling through the available citation styles to find the one you prefer.
- Click Print, or choose your desired Export option. In addition to the options mentioned above, citations can also be exported in BibTeX Style, Refer/BiblX Style, or RIS Style. The resulting file formats can then be used to import the bibliographic information for the collection to the reference management software you prefer..
Save as a Logos Bibliography Document
- Click the Collections Panel Menu icon.
- Click Save as Bibliography. This will save the bibliographic references for all items in your collection in the citation style of your choice in a Bibliography document. You can access this document by clicking Docs and searching for the bibliography or selecting it from the list of documents that appears.
Delete a Collection:
- Click Tools > Library > Collections
- Click Open.
- Right-click the collection title.
- Click Delete.
Logos Help: Collections