The Bible Browser tool presents biblical data in a new, easy to navigate manner. Although you can use Logos to create complex search queries, the Bible Browser uses faceted browsing to provide an accessible and user-friendly way to find information.
Note: because of the large amount of data required to make this feature work, Bible Browser is an online only feature.
- Open the Bible Browser by clicking Tools > Reference > Bible Browser. The Bible Browser is composed of (1) a main content pane that shows Bible verses or passages that match criteria selected in the sidebar; and (2) a sidebar containing a Find box and a faceted list of search filters. Typing a query in the Find box filters the faceted list to display only the filters relevant to that query.
- Choose the Bible version you want to search by clicking the Bible Version drop-down menu and making a selection.
- Enter the verse, passage, or biblical section you want to search into the Passage box in the toolbar. (Optional)
- Make a selection from the faceted list (enter a search query to filter the list). Note: You can select multiple search filters as long as they are not mutually exclusive.
- Verses that match the filters you selected will appear in the content pane.
Refining a Search
- Refine your search by selecting additional filters in the sidebar.
- You can remove a filter by clicking the beside it at the top of the main content panel.
- Restrict your search results to a particular verse, passage, book, or biblical section by entering it in the passage box.
- You can apply visual filters to your search results by clicking the Visual Filters icon and selecting one or more visual filters.
- You can select whether your search results display individual verses or pericopes (natural sections) by clicking the passage drop-down menu icon and making a selection.
Send your Search
You can send your search results to a Resource panel, Passage List, or Search panel by clicking the Send Search Results icon and making a selection. (Note: this sends the verses or passages within your search result to the selected panel or list—not your search query itself.)
Logos Help: Bible Browser