I have encountered an Error, Crash or Problem in Logos for Mac and need to report it, or a Support Technician has requested Logos Log Files.
See also: What to do if Logos Crashes
Step 1: Download the Utility
- Download the Logos Logging Utility zip file.
- Open "LogosLogging.zip".
- Copy the Logos Logging Utility to the Applications folder.
Step 2: Run the Utility
- Open Finder.
- Go to Applications.
- Open the Logos Logging Utility.
- Click the "Enabled" button.
Logos version should match the recognized installed version.
Note: The Logging Utility will not record correctly if Logos is running in the background when you enable logging. You may need to open the Finder: Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor and manually quit the Logos porcesses (Logos Bible Software, LogosIndexer and LogosCEF if present).
Step 3: Recreate the Problem
- If Logos is already open, quit and restart it.
- Recreate the problem, crash or bug.
- Click "Archive Logs" in the Logos Logging Utility.
- If Logos is freezing or "pinwheeling", use the "Sample" button instead.
- Save your logs to the Desktop.
Step 4: Make a Report
- Click here to visit the Logos 8 forum.
- Click on "Write a New Post".
- Put "Bug", "Crash" or "Hang" (Freezing) in the title.
- Enter a description of what you were doing when the bug or crash occurred.
- Attach your log files from Step 3 using the media button.
- Then "Post" your bug report.
- The Development and Support teams monitor these forums and will be in touch with you as possible. Including "Crash" in the subject will improve visibility.
- If a Support Technician requested your logs, skip this step and email your logs to that Technician.
Tip: You can also submit your logs when not requested by email or by calling Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467.