The .NET Framework Installation Did Not Succeed
While attempting to install Logos, you received the following error:
"Installation of Microsoft .NET Framework did not succeed."
You were directed here by a Logos Technician.
This error occurs when Microsoft's .NET Framework is unable to be installed or updated, usually due to a corrupt file or setting in a previously installed version of the Framework.
Logos Bible Software requires the Microsoft .NET Framework, which is developed, serviced and supported by Microsoft, so issues with .NET may prevent Logos from installing or operating correctly. For your convenience, we have collected some of Microsoft's basic troubleshooting steps below.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please contact Microsoft for further assistance with this issue.
Solution 1: Install Windows Updates
In most cases, this error is can be easily avoided by installing Important Windows Updates.
- Open Windows Update. From Start menu, type "Windows Update," or open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update.
- Click "Check for Updates" on the left.
- Install all Important Updates and reboot.
- Please repeat Steps 1-3 until all Important Updates are installed. If you have not installed Windows Updates recently, you may have several consecutive updates ready. Specifically, Logos requires an update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8.
- Try the Logos update again, or run LogosSetup.exe from here.
Solution 2: Repairing .NET
Microsoft recommends using these steps to repair problems in the .NET Framework before attempting any further troubleshooting.
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.
- Select "NetFxRepairTool.exe" if prompted to choose a download.
- After the download completes, open NetFxRepairTool.exe.
- You will need to accept Microsoft's license agreements.
- The tool will suggest possible fixes. Click "Next" to apply them.
- Continue following the prompts until the issue appears to be resolved.
- When done, click the "Finish" button.