You may receive the following errors when attempting to update or reinstall Logos Bible Software:
- “Unable to downgrade to a previous version.”
- “An error occurred while extracting the archive.”
This error can occur if the uninstaller did not remove a previous copy of the Logos application or the new copy has become corrupted. You can repair this by replacing it manually.
Note: This can also occur if you have copied the application to your Desktop. That copy will not update during the update process. This will mean you’re opening an old version on top of the newer version which is not compatible. You can avoid this and resolve the problem described in this article by simply deleting the older Desktop copy and creating an “Alias” instead, from your Applications folder.
Remove the previous Application file.
- Navigate to the Applications folder.
- Move the Logos file to the Trash.
Remove the previous Update records.
- From Finder, open the “Go” menu.
- Choose “Go to Folder” and paste the following
- Click Go.
- Open the “Data” folder, and its randomly named sub-folder.
- Move the “DownloadManager” & “UpdateManager” folders to the Trash.
Install the latest Application file.
- Click here to navigate to the download page and download the latest copy of the Logos.
- Wait for the file to download. This may take a couple minutes. You can watch the progress in the browser “Downloads” list.
- If the “LogosMac.dmg” file does not open automatically, double-click the file to open it.
- Drag the Logos application to your Applications folder.
- Open Logos.