Clicking on an external link in Logos does not open the web browser. This could occur when clicking "more info" for a blog article on the Home Page, or when clicking one of the web resources in the Passage Guide, etc.
This occurs when the default web browser setting in Windows is set to a web browser that is not currently installed.
This problem can often be resolved by simply opening your Internet Browser, going to the Options menu and resetting it as your Default Browser, or by installing a new Default Browser, like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, etc.
If Solution 1 did not work, you may need to reset the necessary file types and/or protocols manually. Please follow the appropriate instructions below.
- Open Windows search next to the Start menu .
- Type "Default apps".
- Open Default Apps.
- Click Choose default apps by file type.
- Browse the list of extensions for ".htm"and double-click it.
- Choose the preferred web browser.
- Repeat this step for ".html".
- Click the back arrow.
- Click Choose default apps by protocol.
- Browse the list of protocols for "HTTP" and "HTTPS".
- Click the browser icon associated with both protocols.
- Change the associated browser to the preferred and installed browser.
Links in Logos should now successfully direct to the default browser.