Some customers may have an issue copying Logos to the applications folder. You may see the screen Copying Application for an extended period of time.
This error can occur due to permission issues on your Mac.
Part 1: Force Quit the installation
- Click in the upper left corner.
- Select Force Quit.
- Choose Logos Bible Software and Click the Force Quit button.
Part 2: Update permissions
To perform this step, we need to use Apple's Disk Utility application to find and repair incorrect permissions on the hard drive.
- Go to Applications > Utilities and open Disk Utility.
- Select your hard drive (usually "Macintosh HD") from the menu on the left.
- Click the First Aid button to check for errors.
- Disk Utility will display a message that, First Aid found corruption that needs to be repaired if there is a corruption. Click Done to let First Aid complete that process1.
Part 3: Installing the latest Application file
- Click here to install a new copy of Logos.
- Open Logos.
1 If First Aid is unable to fix the corruption. Follow the directions provided on screen.