What is Course Linking?
Course linking (or “context linking”) is the process of adding the LTI tool (also “external tool”, “LTI link”, or “Logos link”) to a specific class participating in Logos Inclusive Access. Your institution has provided Logos a list of courses corresponding to specific terms. Course linking is the process used to link your Learning Management System (LMS) to Logos' system to ensure the correct content is being delivered for the correct course during the correct term.
Every course needs to be linked even if you duplicate an existing course or use a template. If linking is not completed, students will not receive their required content.
Steps to Link a Course in Blackboard
Please note that Blackboard has a lot of customization and could look very different than what is represented in the screenshots.
1) Add the Logos Link to Your Course
- To begin the process, navigate to the course you want to add the Logos LTI link to by clicking Courses > Course List > [Course Name]
- Click the + icon (1) at the top of the course navigation menu and select Tool Link (2).
- Name the Tool Link (something like "Textbooks in Logos Bible Software" or "Access Textbooks w/Logos"), select Logos Bible Software from the "Type" dropdown menu, select Available to Users, click Submit, and move the link higher on the menu so students can easily find it.
2) Link the Course (i.e. Context)
- Click Textbooks in Logos (or whatever you named it in the step above)
- A new tab will open with two dropdown menus (Term and Course)
- Click Term from the menu and select the term you want to link (e.g., “Spring A 2024” or “Fall B 2024”).
- Next, click Course then select your course (e.g., THEO2001).
- Confirm you have selected the correct term and course and then click Link Context.
If this is your first time using the LTI link, you will be prompted to create a Logos account or sign in to your existing Logos account. For more information see the article- Linking Your Account.
Next, you will be directed to app.logos.com with the library panel open and filtered to the textbooks for your class.
If you see the correct list of textbooks, your course has been linked effectively.
Adding Deep Links in Blackboard
Once you have linked the context you can add deep links to specific sections or chapters of a book. To do so follow these steps:
- Ensure that the Deep Link Tool is enabled. In the course navigation menu, expand the Control Panel > Customization > Tool Availability. Scroll until you find Logos Bible Software Deep Link and ensure that Available In Content Area is Checked and click Submit.
- Next, in the course navigation menu click Content > Build Content > Logos Bible Software Deep Link
- This will launch the Logos Link Creation window. Select Book, select the desired resource from the Resource drop-down menu, select the chapter or section from the Contents Entry drop-down menu, and click Create link to finish. (Use the Add link to batch button if adding multiple links at once.)